On Sunday, K-State’s personal Lord and Savior Coach Bill Snyder announced his retirement from football. This was especially devastating to me, because Coach and I are basically best friends. He wouldn’t say that, necessarily, but that’s exactly what he means.
Just look at us! We are two peas in a pod.
What most people outside of the Little Apple don’t know is that Coach Snyder is responsible for much more beyond turning around our football program. And since he’s retiring, it seems only fair that he finally get his credit.
1. He famously invented the Pizza Shuttle “drop”
2. He saved the cat from The Dusty Bookshelf when it caught fire.
3. We didn’t actually name the highway after him. The road just respected him so much, it named itself.
4. Same with the stadium
5. If you say “Bill Snyder” into a mirror three times during Finals Week, Coach appears and wishes you luck with your studies.
6. Coach Snyder aced Finance 450 and Organic Chemistry without ever taking either class.
7. He really, really loves K-State